GigaBeam Networks is looking for a ISP Help Desk Technician. Successful candidate will provide technical support to our end users / customers.
Department: Customer Support Reports to: Director of Customer Service
Position: Full-time, Part-time, Non-exempt Locations: Bluefield, WV or Hybrid Remote
Pay: Depending upon experience and qualifications
Full-time Benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Holiday & Vacation Pay
- Employee Discounts
General Job Description:
Responsible to provide excellent support to end users. This is a customer-orientated position that requires information retention skills and a high level of motivation to learn. The primary role of this position is to manage incoming calls, emails, and tickets. Provide support by detailing ticket information, managing follow-up calls, troubleshooting service issues, and communicating with all team members. It is the responsibility of this roll to work tickets/calls received and handle all communications in an efficient manor to ensure the clients satisfaction is met.
- Answering calls related to consumer network issues and collect a complete description of the problem.
- Ticket Management (Open, Provide Detailed and Complete Ticket Information, Track, Update, Route, Close)
- Perform basic troubleshooting methodology with the end user based on training and on scripted flow-trees.
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up on the status of problems on behalf of the user with ISP and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Windows OS and MS applications.
- Documentation Skills, Telephone Skills, Reporting Skills and Active Listening Skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Basic ISP and networking knowledge – Devices and Principles.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, detail-oriented, and time management skills.
- Strong team work skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism.
Knowledge of Internet Routing and protocols
Completed HS Diploma or equivalent.
Required to complete and pass background check with employment verification